Southern Sun Elangeni Hotel
63 OR Tambo Parade, Durban, South Africa, 4001
Tel: +27 (031) 362 1300
Fax: +27 (031) 332 5527
The Southern Sun Elangeni has breathtaking views of Durban's Golden Mile and warm Indian Ocean. This hotel has proven to very popular amongst delegates. Business and leisure travellers will enjoy fine service and hospitality at one of Durban's premier hotels. The light, spacious lobby is the focal point where friendly, efficient staff provide a warm welcome. All 449 air-conditioned rooms are well furnished and offer every amenity. There are also family rooms, executive rooms and a magnificent Presidential Suite which offers unsurpassed luxury.
The Hotel is situated 32km from the King Shaka International Airport and 1.8km from the Durban International Convention Centre, 1.6km to the Durban central business district and meters from Durban's Golden Mile.
|Guest Room Facilities:
The Elangeni offers various types of accommodation ranging from standard rooms to presidential suites. The following facilities are available in each guest room/suite:-
- Queen and King Size Beds in each room
- Soundless climate control air-conditioning
- International electrical adapters
- A safe large enough to store a laptop
- Bathrobes and Slippers available only in suites
- Blackout curtains
- Complimentary Coffee/Tea making facilities
- Complimentary toiletries
- Desk with work lamp
- Electronic/magnetic door keys
- Hair dryer
- LCD satellite TV
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Iron and Ironing Board on request
- Mini Bar only in Executive and Suite rooms
- Direct dial telephones
- Turndown service
- Wake-up calls
- Wireless high-speed Internet access. Vouchers to be purchased directly from reception
|Dining / Bar Facilities:
The newly renovated Lingela Restaurant will excite your Culinary Senses.
A vast array of salads and appetizers await with aplomb to take you back on a culinary journey back to the Best Buffet dining experience available in Durban. The star attraction of the eclectic buffet is the freshest Linefish, Salmon, Seafood Prawns, Lamb cutlets and AAA Grain fed Beef Ribeye, Sirloin and Rump Steaks, all Prepared to your liking by the attentive chefs who aim to make your dining experience a memorable one, Options of Seafood Platters and Carnivore Platters come to mind
Also try our legendary curries, stir-fry, paella and casseroles, for those seeking a comforting home style dining experience without comparison
Finish off your meal with a selection of the most indulgent desserts and ice creams.
The hotel offers guests two other superb cosmopolitan restaurants which provide a choice of cuisine. The Daruma Japanese Restaurant offers authentic Japanese cuisine whilst the famous Jewel of India offers guests a taste of ethnic Indian cuisine.
The hotel has two bars and both offer light snacks and a range of South African wines.
- Babysitting or child care
- Wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel. Vouchers can be purchased at front desk
- Concierge services
- Limited Parking (secure underground)
- Security guard
- Fitness Center
- Wheelchair accessible
- 24-hour front desk
- Business services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Lounge area
- 24 Room service (Light meals after 23h00)