Workshop: Practical Aesthetics for the Dermatologist
Optimizing the use of Cosmetic Products, Glycolic Acid Peels and Microneedling
After a very successful launch at the 2017 Combined Dermatology Congress at the CSIR we are pleased to announce that this course will again be offered at the 2018 Combined Dermatology Congress as a Precongress Workshop on Thursday 30 August. The course will be a full day course to be held at the Durban ICC. Dr Sian Hartshorne will be joined by Dr Nokubonga Khoza and Dr Nomphelo Gantsho in presenting the workshop.
The purpose of the Practical Aesthetics for the Dermatologist Workshop is to provide the dermatologist with knowledge and practical experience to be able to advise patients with accurate information regarding the use and choice of cosmetic products and to be able to perform basic aesthetic procedures to improve the aesthetic appearance of the skin of patients.
Practical demonstrations done by Genop and Skinceuticals L'Oreal will be done throughout the course and attendees will even get a chance to experience the procedures themselves.
By the end of the workshop each attendees should benefit from having a more superior knowledge of cosmetic products and from being able to perform aesthetics procedures with more confidence.
All candidates will receive a certificate of attendance. They will also receive CPD points for the workshop (around 8 points).
For those candidates who achieve a satisfactory score from the multiple choice test at the end of the workshop there will also be a certificate of competency from the University of Stellenbosch and the SASDS.
All enquiries: Dr Sian Hartshorne firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will run the full day with a morning and afternoon session.
Morning session: 8h00-12h00
- Cosmetic Products: where do we begin?
- Cosmetic Products: how to read and interpret ingredients in cosmetic products
- Optimizing the use of Cosmetic Products: what to advise patients
- Microneedling: Introduction, Aesthetic use and methods
- Microneedling: Practical Session
Afternoon session: 13h00-16h00
- Glycolic acid peels: Introduction and methods
- Glycolic acid peels: Practical -candidates can also experience having a glycolic acid peel. This will ensure both knowledge in how to do a glycolic acid peel and to experience the procedure and process of the glycolic acid peel.
- Sunscreens: Interpreting the products and what advice should we give patients
- Test: MCQ style
At the end of the course each candidate should feel confident in their knowledge of cosmetic products and aesthetic procedures such as glycolic acid peels and microneedling.